It is simply a walk in the park for the majority of women to get pregnant with little to no effort at all and some can still even conceive under the effects contraceptives. On the other hand, some women need to do so much work and might even turn to superstitious beliefs just to be able to have a chance to conceive a child. There are different factors that might affect the fertility of women and it ranges from physiological to physical health problems and with the advancement of science, methods such as artificial insemination became readily available, but the steep price per session deters most of the aspiring mothers immediately. This article will focus on the natural ways to boost fertility in women.
How does conception happen?
The process of conception starts when the sperm cell of a fertile male is able to fertilize an egg cell inside one the female’s Fallopian tube. The fertilized egg stays there for 3-4 days and then proceed to travel towards the uterus lining and attach itself in a process called implantation after which the woman is officially considered to be pregnant.
Factors that can affect women’s fertility
Age is the most common reason for women infertility. Some women begin to feel the onset of menopausal symptoms as early as their mid to late thirties. Unlike sperm cells, the number of egg cells in a woman’s ovaries is already set from the time they are born and every time they ovulate, the number goes down as egg cells are expelled during ovulation. With no way of replenishing them, women can only lose egg cells the more they age.
Another factor that should be considered is weight. Overweight women usually experience irregular menstrual cycle, which directly translates to lesser chances of getting pregnant and even those who are overweight but have regular menstrual cycle still find it hard to conceive. Being overweight also exposes the unborn child of a woman to a number of problems during pregnancy and delivery which often leads to miscarriage.
How to boost women’s fertility naturally
Although it may sound generic, proper diet and exercise should be practiced to naturally boost fertility. This goes both ways with men and women. A regular consumption of a controlled diet with all the necessary nutrients devoid of the excess junk not only increase fertility, but it also promotes overall well-being of the body. In that regard, these are some of the eating and exercise habits that may increase the fertility of women naturally:
- Eat most of your calories during breakfast and consume more fiber.
- Avoid trans fats and carbs which are commonly found in baked goods as well as fried and processed food.
- Replace your animal protein with vegetable alternatives such as soybeans and nuts.
- Use high-fat dairy products such as whole milk.
- Consume food rich in antioxidants such as fruits and vegetables
- Exercise regularly, but not excessively.
- Maintain a healthy weight as recommended by health professionals.
- Avoid getting stressed out and find time to relax.
- Avoid smoking and too much caffeine.
- Take multivitamins and increase your iron intake.In a nutshell, fertility is greatly affected by our lifestyle choices and some things are needed to drastically change so that the chances of conceiving may increase. However, if the problem is physiological in nature, do not hesitate to visit your ob/gyn for an appointment to explore treatment options for the underlyin conditions in your body that might cause your infertility.